The other dates for Mercury Retrograde in 2015 are:
May 19 - June 11 2015 in Gemini
September 17 1 October 9 2015 in Libra
In 2015 all the retrogrades are in the air signs. This is a keen reminder to watch what and how we are speaking (communication) to ourselves and others. The air signs represent logical thinking and intellect, during the Aquarius retrograde we may be finding ourselves questioning "Is this really what I want?" or/and thoughts about freedom as well as independence & security.
The planet Mercury is the ruler of communication, technology as well as travel. When the planet goes retrograde you can find that all of those areas can get a bit wonky!
Top 8 things to watch for during Mercury Retrograde:
- Back up your computer & phone! Electronics tend to crash during this time.
- Communication: emails may not go through...if you get no response, double check to be sure the recipient got your email. As well, read and reread what you have written to avoid embarrassing spelling mistakes or wrong attachments.
- Watch contracts. It may not be the best time to sign important documents. If necessary, go over the contract with a fine tooth comb and get a second opinion!
- Travel may get delayed. Go with the flow & give yourself tons of extra time to get where you are going. This is both for a simple commute or travel abroad. Brings snacks & water to avoid being stuck in traffic & hangry! (angry due to hunger)
- Conversations: Be careful what you speak....during the retro you may find that people can easily take what you say the wrong way.
- Things just take longer....like a lot longer! So, be patient. Roll with it!
- Emotions run high. Don't take anything personally during this 3 week stretch.
- Not the best time to launch a new program or product for your business. However it is a great time to relaunch an old program or revisit a past idea.
Best Crystal Gemstones to work with during Mercury Retrograde:
Because of communication break downs during this time I have chosen a blue gem that help open up the throat chakra as well as promoting self confidence, patience and independence.
Sodalite: I have been really drawn to Sodalite lately. This gem is super powerful for meditation. Helps alleviate mental anxiety or unbalanced thinking. This is a great stone to speak your truth, stand up for yourself and promotes teamwork in a gentle, harmonious way. Sodalite also aids in accepting one's self fully and allows trust in your intuition, adds to self-esteem and confidence. As an added bonus Sodalite regulates and stimulates metabolism as well as clearing over stimulation from electromagnetic pollution from computers etc.
The Good Stuff about Mercury Retrograde! Yes, there is a bright side!
8 things that are good about Mercury Retrograde:
- Relax: Its only temporary! Slow down, take more time, refuse to be pushed into things. Perfect time to practice boundaries! Always good to take more naps!
- Great time to revisit old ideas. Give yourself time to let your imagination run wild. The mercury retrograde often brings up fabulous ideas if you give time to let your mind wander without judgement.
- Perfect to complete projects; that have been going on for far to long! This is optimal to get all the loose ends caught up. If you have started a project in a non retrograde time and have had issues completing it, now is the best time. You will have the ability to see why it hasn't come to fruition and how to fix it. This only works if you are patient with yourself.
- Old friends or old coworkers may pop up! You can find that peeps from the past that you would like to hear from contact you in some way.
- Laugh more: If you keep a sense of humor during this time, you will find yourself amused at the happenings that occur.
- Find lost items. We have all lost items....retrograde is when they reappear! This is because we are forced to slow down and look at our surroundings.
- Truth ~ sometimes this hurts. But the truth will be brought to the surface. At least you know and can now do something about it.
- Best time to organize! You will be able to let go of "stuff" easily, find a home for each item and be detail orientated.
All and all, Retrogrades are not all good or all bad. Use this time to your advantage. Slow it down, daydream, imagine, take time for naps and get away from the computer/TV and get outside to ground yourself. Think before you speak, reread email and important correspondence and check and double check contracts. Catch up with old friends and laough about mishaps.
Wishing you a stress free retrograde!
Hope you enjoyed this post! Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think!